It has been over 3 weeks since the first day of 2013. Many companies enjoy setting New Year’s Resolutions for their business in order to keep it goal-orientated. However, it has been shown that the majority of New Year’s Resolutions are forgotten about before even the end of January. In order to make sure this doesn’t happen for your resolutions this year, here are some steps you can take to keep your goals fresh in your in mind:
- Write concrete goals, such as “Increase profits by 20%” and then outline the steps to make it happen.
- Write specific goal milestones for each month of 2013 that will help you accomplish your big resolutions.
- Assign out tasks to employees with a set deadline.
- Put reminders (recurring or one-time) for your own milestones that need to be accomplished.
- Keep up on your industry by reading blogs and books by experts in your field to keep developing your skills.
Beyond your New Year’s Resolution goal-setting for the year, it’s important above everything to have open communication with your staff and co-workers. Of course this can be accomplished with instant messaging, but also through in-person meetings, phone calls, emails, and more. Communication will also help keep you motivated and on track to have a great 2013!