The perfect away message on the status bar of your instant messaging program is sometimes a difficult feat to attain. It needs to be short and to the point, while also being clear and reacting to the needs of your coworkers or other fellow instant messaging users.
Luckily, there are so good, default away messages that are very useful in a variety of situations. Feel free to customize these as needed or add more information where you feel that is is pertinent.
- Away From Desk; Be Back at 1PM
- In Conference Room Until 4PM
- On Vacation; Please Email Connie With Questions
- At Lunch Until 12:30 PM. Cell: 785-555-1234
- AFK, Call or Text: 785-555-1234 (AFK = Away From Keyboard)
- Busy; Do Not Disturb
- On Deadline, Please Email Instead