Our dev team has been hard at work to release a new web control panel for our enterprise customers, which was rolled out on 18th of last month. It’s a part of our constant efforts to simplify and streamline experience for users. The web control panel is a centralized feature that gives IT administrators in an organization tremendous flexibility to manage users of the private IM network. Administrators can assign specific features to users, check activity logs, and more. It’s a powerful feature that gives an overview of all the users on the IM network.
The following are some of the major changes to the new control panel:
1. New and improved design to make it easier for our customers work with the panel
2. Improved reporting
3. Improved order process
4. Improved license management
The new panel has been redesigned to achieve better usability and management of the IM network. Changes have been made under the hood as well to offer a rich experience for reporting, order processing, and license management.
There are various benefits of having a centralized control panel for your corporate IM network:
- Web control panels are useful for adding users or new employees to the network; administrators can either add the users or have the users add themselves through a simple web sign up interface.
- Another benefit is the ability to have accounts or users with limited rights. For example, some users are granted access to text chat function or video call function and so on. Each function has a separate module which can be enabled or disable. Modules can be disabled or enabled for the entire network as well.
- You can even create groups such as Marketing Department through the control panel and assign users to the group. The groups you define will be automatically shown in users contact lists. Monitoring and reporting is also made possible with the control panel.
- Administrators can check specific user activity logs for a particular time period and report it to the higher ups if required.
These are just some of the benefits for using a control panel. Check all of them by updating your Brosix control panel to the new version. To upgrade, just log into your panel and an update wizard will guide you through the process. Happy Brosixing!
photo credit: .faramarz via photopin cc
There are lots of possibilities of how one can use instant messengers at work place. Just play around with the features of your favorite instant messenger, like Brosix, and you can suit it to your needs. One such possibility is conducting live training sessions for your employees on Instant messengers. Training ensures your employees stay up to date with all the latest developments and techniques.
You can carry out one to one or group training sessions in your organization using IMs. Some of the advantages for training over instant messengers are cost saving and having virtual sessions with some of the best trainers in the world. Setting up the training program can be a cake walk if you choose the right instant messenger. Listed are some of the best practices to adopt before starting the sessions:
- Send out messages and invites to employees attending the training. Make sure to include Time, Duration, Topic for Training and name and background of the trainer.
- A small presentation to let employees know what the training session would cover.
- General rules and etiquettes to be followed during the training session.
Making training sessions interactive can go a long way in reducing boredom and increasing participation among employees. Trainers can demonstrate or explain their ideas on a feature called whiteboard on Brosix where they can paint and draw various shapes to get their point across. Co-browsing a website that would help in the training is also a good idea. With modern day instant messenger’s virtual training sessions are as good as face to face training if not better. Give it a try the next time you have a trainings planned at your company.
photo credit: WA State Library via photopin cc
photo credit: Florian SEROUSSI via photopin cc
What can I help you with? The typical tone of Siri that we have come to both love and hate is finally a reality that will be integrated in select models of Honda and Acura. Apple had originally revealed their plans for Siri Eyes Free a year ago at the WWDC. A lot of car companies including the likes of Audi, BMW, GM and Chrysler have all pledged support for Siri Eyes Free. Honda and Acura are starting off with their Accord and RDX/ILX models respectively. It’s a welcome safety feature for consumers; sure it’s not the first example of smartphone/car integration.
This will add to the ever growing list of safety features being offered to consumers and its good thing for sure given how phones can be a great distraction while driving. Siri Eyes Free hopes to offer a solution by enabling compatible car models to perform a variety of in-car functions such as send and receive messages, read messages, turn by turn navigation, setting reminders and all that good stuff without having to get your eyes off the road which is of significant importance. The technology also intelligently turns off the iPhone’s display so as to not distract the driver.
Honda is going a step further and will be announcing “Additional Siri Eyes Functionality” during a Google Hangout on December 3rd.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
photo credit: Extra Medium via photopin cc
photo credit: Abrilon via photopin cc
The iPhone App store has a plentiful collection of great apps for a lot of things from productivity to photography and games to designing: it’s a huge catalogue of useful stuff.
We have put together a few new additions to the App store that you would like to test drive on your iDevices:
- Everest: There are always some things we wish to achieve but very often lose sight and track of our goals in the everyday hustle bustle. As the name suggests, this app will make sure you stay right on track to achieve those personal goals (much like climbing Mount Everest). It’s a really great idea to make people focus on their personal goals amidst all the madness around you. So you could either want to get in shape or learn guitar. All you need to do is set small steps that will take you to your goal. They also have a community to help if you fall off track or need suggestions. And above all, it’s free to download.
- Cameo: Always dreamt of directing a Hollywood flick? This app will help you take baby steps in the right directions. Make professional grade short films featuring yourself or friends and share it across networks. It has all the necessary video effects and styles for amateurs to professionals. You never know your short film made with cameo could just catch the attention of a producer or director. Click to download for free.
- Square Cash: Square Up is the service that’s giving PayPal a run for its money. It’s hugely popular for online payments, thanks to its no nonsense approach and ease of use. They recently introduced a service called Square Cash which it thinks would revolutionize how people pay online. It uses your debit card and all you need to do is type the email address of the person you wish to send the money, subject line should have the amount and CC it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Voila! You are done sending the money. No accounts needed. Click to download for free.
photo credit: PhotoAtelier via photopin cc
It’s that time of the year when you would like to extend your appreciation and thanks to family, friends and colleagues who have helped you throughout the year. You could do this even if you’re not close to them by using your instant messengers. Video calling on instant messenger apps can give you a great experience of being close with your friends and colleagues, even if you aren’t in the same place.
Here are 3 ways you can use Instant Messengers on Thanksgiving:
- Place a video call and wish thanksgiving face-to-face. It’s the best way you can wish if you’re far away from your near and dear ones. It’s the closest you can get to the real experience.
- Send a nice thanksgiving message to show your appreciation for all the support and help during the year.
- You can even send a Thanksgiving greeting by using features such as screenshot. Just find any nice greeting on the Internet and send it as a screenshot to someone you want to wish.
- Get creative and design a custom thanksgiving greeting or message on Paint or similar programs and send it as a screenshot. This can be a great personal touch to wish on Thanksgiving.
So go ahead and use those IM features on this holiday season.
photo credit: Sugar Daze via photopin cc
FAA relaxed rules early this month for using electronic devices during all phases off flight. All major airlines including Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue, United and US Airways made a rush to get their fleets approved so they can have customers use their smartphones and tablets during the flight. This is a welcome change from the previous policy, which allowed using electronic devices only above 10,000 feet. This change of policy by FAA would allow use of your smartphones, e-readers and tablets while the plane is taxiing, taking off and landing. Laptops and other bulky devices would still have to be stored during the landing and takeoff.
In addition, Southwest Airlines announced this month that its one of the first airlines to offer in-flight Wi-Fi from gate to gate. This could mean good news for frequent business travelers who would always want to stay in touch with their colleagues for important projects or meetings. You could now use instant messenger apps likes Brosix to have a group chat on a project, this way you can spend your time on the flight more productively (You still however cannot make in-flight calls over VoIP because it causes interference with the flight systems). This makes using instant messengers on flights that much more important. Now, you will hardly miss any meeting or project updates due to long haul flights because you’re always connected. Brosix features such as whiteboard, co-browse and file transfer can also be used for collaboration since it does not require placing a call over Wi-Fi. It also opens a whole new spectrum of in-flight entertainment services for customers.
This was a change that was long due and finally the FAA delivered. Special thanks to Nick Bilton at the New York Times for taking this up with the FAA. Amazon also had a one day kindle offer to appreciate his sincere efforts. Bon Voyage!
photo credit: caribb via photopin cc
featured photo credit: Stuck in Customs via photopin cc
iOS has been the dominant force as far as apps are concerned. The app store has a ton of apps that are hugely useful and quality stuff unlike Android which has a lot of bloat and malware. Here are some useful productivity apps for iOS devices that really help you get things done effectively.
Here are the 5 must have productivity apps if you own an iOS device:
- Dropbox: This app is a personal recommendation. The best Cloud storage solution out there for small and medium enterprises. I use it all the time to sync, share, store and access files on my devices. It has apps on all major platforms which gives you increased flexibility to use it across devices. Dropbox offers 2GB of free data which is sufficient for a light to medium user, anything more than that and you can buy extra storage to enjoy all the cloud storage bliss. It also has great features for Business users such as remote wipe, file recovery and versioning which lets you manage teams efficiently. Click here to Download
- Pocket: Ever came across an interesting article or video in your office but didn’t have the time to read? With this free app you can save articles, videos and web pages to return to it later from any of your other devices so you don’t miss anything ever again. It recently got a major update making it even more useful and functional. Click here to Download
- InstaPDF: This nifty little app lets you scan all your PDFs and upload them to the cloud instantaneously right from your iDevice. You can later access them on your Mac via an app or through the web interface. PDFs are an important format for business documents and this app will make sure you all your PDFs in one place for easy and convenient access. The iPhone app also got an iOS 7 redesign making the experience seamless. This one will cost you $2.99 but its money spent wisely. Click here to Download
- Fantastical 2: This is a 2-in-1 app that combines your calendars and reminders in an elegant and iOS 7 inspired design. You can schedule your calendar and reminders with just a few taps and it works great in both landscape and portrait mode. It even has voice recognition built in so you can dictate to add reminders and tasks. Fantastical also has a very useful search function that adds to the overall functionality. This one comes in at an introductory price of $2.99 on the App store. Click here to Download
- Quickoffice: This Company got snapped up by Google last year and it’s a worthy app that lets you create and edit Microsoft office documents, spreadsheets and presentations. The best part is its completely free to use on your iPhone and iPad. So you can now create documents on the go and upload it to Google drive for accessing it later. This is a must have app on your iOS device until Microsoft release a native Office App for iOS. Click here to Download
If you have any other Apps to suggest, please do so in the comments section below. We’d love to hear them!
photo credit: Steve Rhodes via photopin cc
photo credit: ninacoco via photopin cc
Email is considered to be the preferred mode of communication for corporate offices. But there can be more effective and intuitive ways to communicate in a corporate setting. Instant Messaging is a formidable service to use as opposed to email for collaboration. IMs, such as Brosix, offer powerful tools to help companies cut down their costs by conducting virtual meetings.
Instant messaging as the name suggests is instantaneous exchange of messages without any delays of an Email message. You could have instant exchange of ideas within a department in a brainstorming session without having to compose an email, typing a subject line and waiting for the end user to open the email and reply. You could use features such as white board in Brosix to depict an idea or concept and share it live with the brainstorming group. Emails are a formal way of communication and everyone is expected to maintain a set of etiquettes whereas IM’s are more of informal conversations where people do not fear sharing their ideas even if they do not make any sense. It encourages creativity which eventually leads to better ideas for organizations.
You can make voice and video calls over instant messengers to be more productive while working on project. Sharing files and pictures is also a breeze on instant messengers. Instant Messaging apps with the right features can certainly reduce if not replace the use of emails in the organization.
photo credit: Kalexanderson via photopin cc
photo credit: Marc Wathieu via photopin cc
Thanksgiving weekend is just round the corner and consumer electronics companies and retail giants like always are putting their best foot forward by offering the best deals and products of the year for Black Friday. This year retail giants like Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy plan to kick open their stores as early as 6 p.m. on Thursday, so consumers can get some respite from the mad rush. We round up the top 5 gadgets that are highly anticipated this holiday season.
- Gaming Consoles: Sony and Microsoft have already announced their next gen gaming machines and its set to be released right in time for the shopping season. PS4 launches this Friday and Xbox One which is Microsoft’s bid to take over your living room goes on sale starting November 22nd. So if you’re looking for some gaming action and family entertainment than these mean machines will have you covered. Xbox One also integrates with your cable service provider and offers you a seamless experience for gaming and TV Entertainment. PS4 is aimed more towards hardcore gamers. Xbox One retails at $499 and PS4 will go out at $399
- iPad Air: The much rumored and talked about tablet computer from Apple will be selling like hot cakes on Thanksgiving. It has the best ever specs from Apple in an iPad along with a beautiful Retina Display. It’s even lighter and slimmer than the previous iterations and has the best tablet apps for any ecosystem. Prices start at $479 from Wal-Mart for the base 16GB Wi-Fi only model.
- Nexus 5: The next in line to the popular Nexus 4 from Google. This one is manufactured by LG as well and offers the consumer a Vanilla Android Experience. The specifications on this one match up to a $600 or $700 off contract Smartphone, but you can buy the Nexus 5 from the Play Store for just $349 (16 GB) and its contract free so you can choose the carrier you want. Make sure to order this soon because the inventory is running out quickly.
- Kindle Fire HDX: Amazon has upgraded its tablet range to HDX models but the Fire HD is still no slouch at an amazing price of $99 from Best Buy as part of their Black Friday promotions. So if you are all invested in the Amazon Ecosystem and love reading books on your tablet than this is an unmissable deal.
- HP Touch Screen Laptop: There are quite a few good laptops that would be on offer as part of Thanksgiving Deals but this one comes in with decent specifications and price. It has a detachable Touch Screen that can be used as a Tablet with all the Windows 8 goodness. Quick overview of the specs: Intel i3 processor, 13.3 inch screen, 9 hours battery and beats audio. This one comes in at a retail price of $500 down from the regular $730.
There might be other products or gadgets you might be wanting to get your hands on. Share it with us in the comments section below.
photo credit: drpavloff via photopin cc
photo credit: x-ray delta one via photopin cc