Staying on top of what is happening in your industry is a great way to be a good communicator with your co-workers, supervisors, and others in your industry. If you are educated about what is going on within your professional industry, any communications you do through instant messenger, emails, and even at presentations will make you stand out among your peers.
Here are some of the ways that you can stay on top of industry news:
- Set up Google Alerts for industry keywords, competitor names, and your company name
- Set up a blog reader, like Bloglovin or Feedly, and add industry blogs. Read them every day.
- Listen to audiobook versions of books in your industry as you are driving to and from work during the week (try the library for books!)
- View news aggregators that collect headlines from your industry, making it easy to stay caught up.
- Attend conferences to keep skills fresh
- Attend networking or speaking events
These are just some of the ways where you can stay on top of industry headlines, blog posts, books, and news.
Do you have any other ideas on how to stay current in your industry? Let us know!